The curriculum at Sancta Maria International School is based on the Cambridge Curriculum and is affiliated to the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE). Sancta Maria prepares children for the Cambridge IGCSE/ICE at the end of grade 10 and also offers the Cambridge International AS and A Levels for 16 to 19-year-old children (Grades 11 and 12).
Cambridge Assessment International Education(CAIE) is the world’s largest provider of international education programmes and qualifications for 5 to 19-year-old students. It offers a broad range of subjects tailored to the needs of developing international adaptability. The Cambridge Curriculum is offered in 9000+ schools in 160+ countries and recognized by universities, educational providers and employers across the world. The Cambridge Curriculum is unique as compared to other systems. It doesn’t follow a fixed grade system. It also offers students the option of choosing Core and Advanced combinations based on their aptitude.
CAIE Prescribed Learner Attributes
Meeting the following five learner’s attributes is prescribed by Cambridge Assessment International Education. These attributes are woven into Sancta Maria’s methodology as objectives.
|Objective:Students are confident about working with data, information and ideas (their own and those of others).|
|Cambridge students are:
• Confident, assured about their knowledge, unwilling to take things for granted and always ready to take intellectual risks
• Keen to explore and evaluate ideas and arguments in a structured, logical and analytical way
• Able to confidently communicate and defend viewpoints and opinions, and respect and listen to those of others
|Objective:Students are responsible for themselves, and respectful and considerate to others.|
|Cambridge students can:
• Take ownership of their learning, set goals and targets, and insist on intellectual integrity
• Collaborate and support
• Comprehend that their actions have consequences and impact both others and the environment
• Appreciate the significance of culture, context and community
|Objective:Students are reflective as learners and keep developing their ability to learn.|
|Cambridge students understand that:
• They themselves are learners
• They are responsible for the processes as well as the outcome of their learning
• They need to develop a sense of awareness and identify strategies to be lifelong learners
|Objective: Students are Innovative and prepared for new and future challenges.|
• Embrace new challenges and meet them
• Are resourceful, creative and imaginative
• Can apply their knowledge and understanding to solve new and unfamiliar problems
• Are flexible and can adapt to a new situations and new ways of thinking
|Objective: Students are intellectually and socially engaged and ready to make a difference.|
|Cambridge students are:
• Curious and possess a spirit of enquiry
• Keen to new learn new skills and open to new ideas
• Able to work alone and also within a team
• Prepared for participating constructively in society and the economy, nationally as well as globally
The Cambridge Pathway
Education at Sancta Maria consists of Pre-Primary, Primary, Middle and Senior School. The last three are based on the Cambridge Pathway.
|Cambridge Primary||Students acquire knowledge, understanding and skills in English, Mathematics, Science and Global Perspectives. Progression tests help teachers check the progress of students.|
|Cambridge Lower Secondary||Students further enhance their knowledge, understanding and skills in English, Mathematics, Science and Global Perspectives. Progression tests help teachers check the progress of students.|
|Cambridge Higher Secondary||Students follow Cambridge IGCSE/ICE Level courses, leading to globally recognised qualifications. They can choose from a broad range of subjects.|
|Cambridge Advanced||Students acquire the deeper knowledge, understanding and thinking skills they need for college and university education. They work towards Cambridge International AS and A Level certification. They can choose from a broad range of subjects and specialise by opting for the extended curriculum in subjects of their aptitude.|
Cambridge IGCSE includes over 70 subjects in five curriculum areas to cater to varying learning needs across countries. Cambridge Curriculum schools can offer them in a range of combinations. Sancta Maria International School offers the below mentioned subject combinations for the Cambridge IGCSE/ICE Curriculum.
|Group 1 (Languages)||Group 2 (Humanities and Social Sciences)||Group 3 (Sciences)||Group 4 (Mathematics)||Group 5 (Creative and Professional)|
|English (as first language)||Global Perspectives and Research (GP)||Physics||Mathematics||Business Studies|
|Second Language (Hindi, French or Spanish)||Economics||Chemistry||Accounting|
|Geography||Environmental Management||Art and Design|
|Environmental Management||Physical Education (PE)|
Note:The afore-mentioned subjects can be offered only if a minimum of five students opt for them.
AS and A Levels
There is a wide range of subjectsavailable at Cambridge AS/A Levels. Students must choose five subjects in the first year (AS Level) and a minimum of three subjects in the second year (A Level).The subjects are graded A to E. The Cambridge Curriculum includes 55 subjects across four learning areas at AS and A Levels to cater to varying learning needs across countries. Cambridge Curriculum schools can offer them in a range of combinations.Sancta Maria offers the below mentioned subject combinations for Cambridge AS/A levels:
|Group 1 (Core)||Group 2 (Mathematics and Sciences)||Group 3 (Languages)||Group 4 (Arts and Humanities)|
|Global Perspectives and Research||Mathematics||English||Economics|
|Information Technology||Art and Design|
Note: The afore-mentioned subjects can be offered only if a minimum of five students opt for them.