Thank you for your interest in working at Sancta Maria International School. St. Mary’s Educational Society that operates Sancta Maria enjoys an excellent reputation for being a great place to work at. We offer a competitive salary package, excellent professional development opportunities and the chance to work with high calibre professionals from around the world. To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Teacher – Spanish (Primary School)
The job description for the position is mentioned below:
- To understand and implement the Scheme of Learning for the respective subject
- Ensure students learning
- To plan lessons for respective subject/class on a weekly/fortnightly basis
- Document all lesson plans, worksheets and any other resources (links/sites) used for teaching/learning
- To share previous and current lesson plans with the peers for broader version
- Conduct diagnostic assessments on a regular basis as per the school calendar
- Actively and constructively participate in the planning sessions of the respective department.
- To give constructive and timely feedback to students
- Regular correction of notebooks (any given assignment to the students must be checked by the teacher within two days)
- Put up relevant displays of their subjects in classroom soft boards
- To fill up the Daily Log Register at the end of the lesson/ period
- To ensure differential learning in classrooms
- To observe lessons of peer teachers and the Divisional Head so as to implement modification and improvement where required
- Aid in the selection of text-books and Library books apt for the various classes
- To plan and organise activities to enhance student learning (Science Fair, Math Fair, Literary Fest, Annual Day, Trips and Excursions, Guest Lectures, etc)
- To encourage active participation of the students in various departmental events successfully
- To bring to the notice of the Divisional Head any issues that are difficult to handle at the class level
- To update the Divisional Head about the academic progress of each student and any parent-related issues
- To play a full part in the life of the school community and to support its distinctive vision, mission, ethos and policies.
- To continue personal and professional development.
- To undertake any other duties assigned by the Principal.
- Behaviour management skills.
- Passion for teaching.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to take on added responsibilities.
- Ability to engage students a cross ability ranges
- The teacher should have a vast knowledge of the subject
- The teacher should be able to make a lesson plan and execute the same.
- The teacher must be a competent English speaker with good classroom management skills.
- Possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP/2000 and Microsoft Office products like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Candidates with post-graduation in respective subjects preferred
- Min 2-3 Years of teaching experience in Cambridge/IB schools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Should have in-depth knowledge of the subject.
- Ability to create an effective teaching method for children.